omg its so good to have you back i literally screamed and my whole family's sleepingjdskndosk so so glad ur feeling better, really missed u<3
November so far (and what's happening next)
I hope you're all safe and healthy wherever you are. As for me, things are finally getting better, and I'm happy to share with you all that I've been consistently working on LtGBtK these past months. ♥♥♥ It's been a while since I posted anything here, I know, but I have good news. I'm preparing to post the next update in December, yay!
Among all the things waiting for you in the next build, you'll find:
- The character creator.
- A new Codex function with more about the characters, short stories, and more.
- New characters (Esma and your brother among them).
- bugs solved, typos fixed, and 20000+ new words in the game.
My objective from now on is to define and follow a proper schedule for LtGBtK, which I've already been working on since August. As I slowly get back on my feet, I'm also regaining that fun, joy, and pride I used to get from working in this game, so thank you for believing in me and allowing me the time to get to this point again!
Aaand today, I wanted to share some news plus tell you about a major decision I made in CH03.
Some release dates first, and then the decisions later:
- (Ko-fi) November 27th to 30th: New short story with the Destroyer version of this scene.
- (Ko-fi) November 30th: Release of the new supporter-exclusive build. I uploaded the previous build in September (for Ko‑fi tier 2+, you can still download it if you haven't already!), and the November build should take the game beyond the 90k words! Yay!
- (Itch) December 31st: Public release of the September build on Itch.io.
- (Itch + Ko-fi) Also, starting in January, I'll go back to writing monthly devlogs, which will always be posted on the last day of the month. I thought about starting in December, but I don't think I'll be able to work that much during the Holiday season, so I'm trying to pace myself.
Cool stuff, huh? :') And I can't even believe I'm writing all this without the anxiety flaring up. XD Anyway.
As for the decision I made for CH03, it all began when I realized just how LONG this chapter is. So far, we have roughly 40% of the game in CH03 (and I'm still not finished).
I already expected that to happen--CH03 is where the bulk of the preparation happens, both in-game, for the Blooming, and structurally, for the reveals/crisis in CH04. Still, I hadn't realized how much more dense the story would become.
CH03 adds a lot of complexity to all characters and to my world-building, so I'm doing my best to always go back and review the most complex scenes. My biggest fear is that these scenes will turn out to be boring, so I'm always thinking about how I can pace/set things in a way that the game can achieve my main objective: to be entertaining, emotional, and, mainly, fun to play.
With all that in mind, I'm splitting CH03 into 6 parts filled with different scenes. These are just times of the day, which should, at the same time, show how DC's day is progressing + give your DC some breathing space between all the drama happening:
- Early/Late morning
- Early/Late afternoon
(when you'll finally meet your older brother)
- Early/Late evening
And the best part happens at night, so I can't wait to share this chapter with you all. ;)
Again, thank you all for your support, and I'm sorry for the radio silence here on Itch. You're all amazing!
Get Love the Guard, Be the King
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
sooo excited! Can't wait! <
omgomg so exciteeeeeed!
Anyway, I'm glad you took the time you needed. That's always most important.
It's good to hear you're feeling better. :) Very excited for what's coming up!
a character creator AND a brother?? :O
I'm the 69th like, mwahaha! 😈
It's nice to hear from you, and you've posted just when I wanted to write a comment to see how you've been. 😄
Really looking forward to this!
Yes! I've been hanging out for an update to this game. Thanks for the great news, and all the best for smooth writing. :)
aaah i'm so excited!!
Omg I love this game so much! So excited for the update
LET'S GO I CAN FIST FIGHT MY BROTHER BUT IN A GAME !! (Just jokin' Jax please don't)
I'm so excited!!!
I'm glad you are continuing this game ^^